Welcome to the Office of Equal Opportunity
Director and Title IX Coordinator
The Director of Equal Opportunity is responsible for implementing and maintaining employment policies and procedures that comply with applicable state and federal non-discrimination and affirmative action obligations, laws, and regulations.
The Title IX Coordinator oversees Cal Poly's compliance with federal legislation requiring gender equity in educational programs and activities. Recently Title IX's scope has expanded to include employees and campus visitors, as well as response to sexual harassment and sexual assault complaints.
Brian can be reached at 805-756-1400 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tera Bisbee, Interim Deputy Title IX Coordinator, can be reached at 805-756-5237 and email@example.com.
Barbara Martinez is the Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics (Gender Equity within Athletics).
Our mission is to expand, strengthen, and support inclusive excellence, respect for differences, multiculturalism, and collaboration within Cal Poly's work and educational communities. In order to accomplish this mission we:
- Ensure University adherence to EEO laws and regulations
- Conduct investigations of alleged CSU or Cal Poly policy violations related to protected class status and/or other Employment Equity issues
- Coordinate University Title IX compliance efforts
- Facilitate AB1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
- Facilitate Conflict of Interest training & filing of the annual Form 700
- Provide training for Employment Equity Facilitators (EEFs)
In support of the Cal Poly mission, the Equal Opportunity staff are committed to promoting a culture that values individual and organizational integrity, civility, and diversity
Not finding what you're looking for? Try one of these links: