Welcome to the Office of Equal Opportunity
In support of the Cal Poly mission, the Equal Opportunity staff are committed to promoting a culture that values individual and organizational integrity, civility, and diversity. We provide a fundamentally fair and compassionate adjudication process for the campus community consistent with applicable California State University (CSU) systemwide Executive Orders.
- Ensure University adherence to CSU Systemwide Executive Orders 1095, 1096 (revised), 1097 (revised), 1111, 1115, and 1116.
- Document and appropriately respond to all reports of discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct, retaliation and whistleblower retaliation.
- As appropriate, conduct fair, impartial and through investigations and, where appropriate, recommend sanctions for students and employees found in violation of the above-referenced Executive Orders.
- Ensure completion of student training regarding behavior expectations under EO 1095, 1096 and 1097.
- Ensure completion of AB1825 (employee) Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
- Facilitate Conflict of Interest training & filing of the annual Form 700
- Provide training for Employment Equity Facilitators (EEFs)