Welcome to the Office of Equal Opportunity
In support of the Cal Poly mission, the Equal Opportunity staff are committed to promoting a culture that values individual and organizational integrity, civility, and diversity. We provide a fundamentally fair and compassionate adjudication process for the campus community consistent with applicable California State University (CSU) systemwide Executive Orders.
- Ensure University adherence to CSU Systemwide Executive Orders 1058, 1095, 1096 (revised), 1097 (revised) and 1111.
- Document and appropriately respond to all reports of discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct, retaliation and whistleblower retaliation.
- As appropriate, conduct fair, impartial and through investigations and, where appropriate, recommend sanctions for students and employees found in violation of the above-referenced Executive Orders.
- Ensure completion of student training regarding behavior expectations under EO 1095, 1096 and 1097.
- Ensure completion of AB1825 (employee) Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
- Facilitate Conflict of Interest training & filing of the annual Form 700
- Provide training for Employment Equity Facilitators (EEFs)
Director, Title IX Coordinator & DHR Administrator
Mandatory reports of sexual misconduct or reports of discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation should be made directly to the Office of Equal Opportunity at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 805-756-6770. Any immediate safety concerns should always be directed to the Cal Poly Police Department by calling 911.
Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics
Barbara Martinez, Athletics Compliance Officer for Athletics & Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics (Gender Equity within Athletics). She may be reached at 805-756-5075 or email@example.com.
Complainants reporting incidents that may involve a criminal component are entitled to a simultaneous criminal investigation. Cal Poly Police, as employees, are required to report any possible sexual misconduct to Title IX. However, the University does not report sexual misconduct to the police without written consent of the student complainant.
Cal Poly University Police (when you are on-campus)
Local Police (when you are off-campus)
San Luis Obispo Police
Location: 1042 Walnut (at the intersection of Santa Rosa)
Cal Poly Counseling Services
Location: 27/36 - next to the Recreation Center
Confidential Victim Advocate*
Cal Poly Safer
Respect, Inspire, Support, Empower (RISE)
Local Hospital Emergency Rooms - Open 24/7
Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
1010 Murray Avenue, San Luis Obispo
1911 Johnson Avenue, San Luis Obispo