Employment Equity Facilitator (EEF)
Through the participation of the Employment Equity Facilitators (EEFs) in each recruitment search, the University ensures that equal employment opportunities exist for all applicants. This includes oversight of the recruitment process by the participating EEF. A key EEF responsibility (pdf) role is to assure that recruitment committee members become familiar with the State of California Pre-Employment Inquiry Guidelines (pdf), and that these guidelines are followed with regard to questions asked of applicants. EEFs also view applicants in Cal Poly Jobs. At the end of each recruitment, the EEF submits a written report (doc) regarding the search to the Director of Equal Opportunity to ensure that any problems that may have compromised the fairness of the search are reported.
Documents utilized in the Employment Equity Facilitator (EEF) workshop are listed below:
- State of California DFEH "Discrimination is Against the Law" Pamphlet (pdf)
- State of California "DFEH California Law Prohibits Workplace Discrimination and Harassment" (pdf) Handout listing the protected classes.
- U.S. Department of Labor Equal Employment Opportunity is the LAW Handout (pdf)
- California DFEH Fact Sheet regarding Acceptable and Unacceptable Employment Inquiries (pdf)
- Cal Poly Role and Responsibilities of the EEF (doc)
- Identify Top Candidates (doc)
- EEF Report (doc)
Any Cal Poly employee wishing to serve as an EEF must take the appropriate training through the Office of Equal Opportunity. Workshops are offered several times a year. In addition to the Director of Equal Opportunity, representatives from Academic Personnel and Human Resources participate in the training to answer questions and comment on Faculty and Staff recruitments.
Active List of EEFs as of the Most Recent EEF Workshop
Upcoming EEF Workshops
EEF training is now available online via the Cal Poly Learning Hub!
Use this link to access the training: Employment Equity Facilitator Training