Gender or Sex Based Discrimination & Title IX
Welcome to Cal Poly's Gender or Sex Based Discrimination and Title IX page. This webpage is the University's resource for gender or sex based discrimination and sexual misconduct awareness and reporting for students, employees, and campus visitors. Here you will find the information, tools and means to keep your learning and work environment safe and enjoyable. We are committed to ensuring a safe setting for our campus community.
Gender or sex based discrimination and sexual misconduct are serious offenses that violate fundamental rights and personal dignity. We offer numerous support and reporting options for victims of gender or sex based discrimination and sexual misconduct. Even if you are not a victim, you can help by reporting such incidents.
The Title IX Coordinator is a management employee with delegated authority from the President to receive and coordinate responses to gender or sex based discrimination and sexual misconduct reports. For members of the Cal Poly community (students, faculty, staff, third parties and visitors) the Title IX Coordinator is Maren Hufton, Director of Equal Opportunity or her designee. Maren may be contacted at 805-756-6770 or email@example.com.
- Support Services
- Types of Sexual Misconduct
- Sexual Misconduct Rights & Options Information
- Myths and Facts About Sexual Misconduct
- Campus Health & Wellbeing
- Resources for Pregnant Students
- Investigation and Hearing Process
- Student Complaint Timeline
- Employee & Third Party Complaint Timeline
- Conversations on New Title IX Regulations