Welcome to the Office of Equal Opportunity
Director and Title IX Coordinator
The Director of Equal Opportunity is designated as the Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation (DHR) Administrator, the Title IX Coordinator and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator responsible for implementing the California State University Systemwide Executive Orders 1095, 1096, 1097 for all students, employees and third-parties in order to comply with applicable state and federal non-discrimination laws, and regulations. Mandatory reports of sexual misconduct should be made directly to the Title IX Coordinator at email@example.com or by calling 805-756-6770. Any immediate safety concerns should always be directed to the Cal Poly Police Department by calling 911. Brian may be reached at 805-756-1400 and firstname.lastname@example.org. Location: Fisher Science Building: 33/290.
Deputy Title IX Coordinators
Tera Bisbee, Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Employe Relations and Deputy Title IX Coordinator, may be reached at 805-756-5237 and email@example.com. Location: Administration Building 1/311.
Barbara Martinez, Athletics Compliance Officer for Athletics is the Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics (Gender Equity within Athletics). She may be reached at 805-756-5075 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure University adherence to CSU systemwide Executive Orders 1095
- Document and appropriately respond to all reports of discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct, retaliation and whistleblower retaliation.
- As appropriate, conduct fair, impartial and through investigations and, where appropriate, recommend sanctions for students and employees found in violation of Executive Orders 1096, 1097 and/or 1107.
- Ensure completion of student training regarding behavior expectations under EO 1095, 1096 and 1097.
- Ensure completion of AB1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
- Facilitate Conflict of Interest training & filing of the annual Form 700
- Provide training for Employment Equity Facilitators (EEFs)
In support of the Cal Poly mission, the Equal Opportunity staff are committed to promoting a culture that values individual and organizational integrity, civility, and diversity. We provide a fundamentally fair and compassionate adjudication process consistent with the systemwide Executive Orders.
Complainants are entitled to a simultaneous criminal investigation. Cal Poly Police, as employees, are required to report to Title IX. Title IX does not report to criminal law enforcement without written consent.
Cal Poly University Police (when you are on-campus)
Local Police (when you are off-campus)
San Luis Obispo Police
Location: 1042 Walnut (at the intersection of Santa Rosa)
Cal Poly Counseling Services
Location: 27/36 - next to the Recreation Center
Confidential Victim Advocate*
Cal Poly Safer
Respect, Inspire, Support, Empower (RISE)
Local Hospital Emergency Rooms - Open 24/7
Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
1010 Murray Avenue, San Luis Obispo
1911 Johnson Avenue, San Luis Obispo