Retaliation Reporting Options
Whistleblower Retaliation Complaint Instructions
CSU Executive Order 1116: Reporting Procedures for Allegations of Retaliation for Having Made a Protected Disclosure under the California Whistleblower Protection Act.
The CSU prohibits Retaliation by any Employee of the CSU against Employees, Former Employees, and Applicants for CSU employment for having made a Protected Disclosure.
Retaliation against an Employee, former Employee, or applicant for CSU employment for exercising any rights under this EO is considered a separate issue and is covered under Executive Order 1116, titled Complaint Procedure for Allegations of Retaliation for Having Made a Protected Disclosure under the California Whistleblower Protection Act. Whistleblower Retaliation complaints may be filed with the Appropriate Administrator designated by the President, a supervisor/manager, or the Chancellor’s Office. The Retaliation Complaint must be received within 12 calendar months of the most recent alleged act of Retaliation.
Whistleblower Retaliation complaints may be submitted using the Whistleblower Retaliation Complaint Form (pdf) and must be submitted in writing and include:
- The Complainant's name, position title or position applied for, mailing address, phone number, and email address.
- A detailed description of the original Protected Disclosure that led to the alleged Retaliation, including the name(s) and title(s) of the responsible Employee(s) who were alleged to have engaged in the Improper Governmental Activities.
- The name(s) of the individual(s) to whom the Improper Governmental Activity was reported, and the date and manner of the disclosure.
- A description of the alleged actual or attempted retaliatory actions, including the date(s), the name(s) and title(s) of the Employee(s) who were alleged to have engaged in Retaliation, and an explanation of the reasons why those actions constituted Retaliation.
- A list of witnesses to the alleged actual or attempted retaliatory actions, including their names, positions, contact information, and the facts known by each.
- Copies of any documentary evidence that supports the Retaliation Complaint.
- A dated, Sworn Statement by the Complainant under penalty of perjury that the Retaliation Complaint is true or is believed by the Complainant to be true.
How do I File a Whistleblower Retaliation Complaint?
To make a Complaint to the Cal Poly Campus Whistleblower Retaliation Administrator, contact:
Maren Hufton, Director
Office of Equal Opportunity
California Polytechnic University - San Luis Obispo
Building 33 (Fisher Science), Room 290
1 Grand Avenue, San Luis Obispo, CA 93407
Phone: (805) 756-6770
To make a Whistleblower Retaliation Complaint with the CSU Chancellor's Office, the Complaint must be submitted to the Vice Chancellor, marked as “Confidential” and addressed as follows:
Vice Chancellor of Human Resources
Equal Opportunity and Whistleblower Compliance Unit
Systemwide Human Resources
Office of the Chancellor
401 Golden Shore
Long Beach, California 90802
Complaints may also be sent via email to EO-TitleIX-Compliance@calstate.edu